The STEM Education Research Group aims to further understand complex issues in pedagogy and professional learning related to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education.
The group works on developing research-informed approaches to promote effective STEM pedagogy across different levels of education including teacher education in the UAE and beyond. Questions of subject pedagogy, learning and teachers’ knowledge are at the heart of the groups’ research interests and focus.
STEM Group Research Projects
- The use of Tinkercad and 3D printing to develop social and vocational skills for Emirati students with Autism.
- Teachers’ Use of technology in Cycle 1 Schools in Abu Dhabi
- How students’ positive science dispositions predict collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Predicting science teachers' instructional practices in 16 countries: The interplay between teachers' job satisfaction and self-efficacy
- Developing students' computational skills through the integration of Robotics and Interdisciplinary Curriculum
- Adolescent students' ICT dispositions and their in and out of school ICT usage: A multilevel path analysis across 42 countries