The Doctor of Philosophy in Education: Measurement and Assessment is a pioneering program in the region. It is the first postgraduate program in the UAE to offer the state-of-the-art training in highly advanced and sophisticated techniques and methods in the field of educational measurement and assessment to advance the frontiers of knowledge locally and globally. Students will develop highly advanced and complex problem-solving and analytical reasoning skills through the conduct of independent, original research to solve pressing problems in the field of education locally, regionally and globally.
The Doctor of Philosophy in Education: Measurement and Assessment Program is offered in Abu Dhabi and Ajman as follows:
- Abu Dhabi – Emirates College for Advanced Education
- Ajman – Teachers Training Institute
All classes are offered during weekdays in the evening as ECAE Graduate degrees are offered as part-time programs. Allocated timetables with the location, time and duration of all lectures will be released towards the program start date on 26th August 2018.
|Year 1 - Semester 1|
|DOCM730 - Quantitative Research Methods|
|PHDMAC710 - Advanced Topics in Generalizability Theory|
|Year 1 - Semester 2|
|PHDMAC720 - Advanced Topics in Structural Equation Modelling|
|PHDMAC730 - Advanced Topics in Multilevel Modelling|
|Year 2 - Semester 1|
|PHDMAC740 - Advanced Topics in Rasch Measurement Theory|
|PHDMAC760 - Setting Standards on Educational Assessment|
|PHDMAC770 - Advanced Methods for Causal Inference from Data|
|Year 2 - Semester 2|
|PHDMAC750 - Advanced Topics in Item Response Theory|
|PHDMAC780 - Bayesian Psychometric Modelling|
|Year 3 - Semester 1|
|PHDC760 - Research Apprenticeship|
|PHDMA810 - Seminar 1|
|Year 3 - Semester 2|
|PHDMA910 - Dissertation Research|
|Dissertation - Research (Over 3 Semesters)|
|PHDMA820 - Seminar 2|
|PHDMA910 - Dissertation Research (Continued from Year 3- 3 Semesters)|
Applicants of all nationalities may apply for admission to the Ph.D. in education: Measurement & Assessment program provided they meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Master’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited University or have a foreign qualification which has received equivalence from the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from the Master’s degree.
- Have completed a graduate level Research course (or equivalent).
- Hold a current International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 or equivalent (TOEFL IBT or TOEFL ITP or Pearson PTE Academic or EmSAT) or higher.
In addition to the above, candidates will be required to pass an admissions interview.