The Post Graduate Program in Education (PGDE) is a 25-credit, one-year degree program. This program not only provides a route into teaching for those whose first degree is not in education but also offers a pathway for in-service practitioners to obtain a post graduate teaching qualification through the General Track or by specialising in Science or Mathematics education Tracks.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Education is offered in Abu Dhabi and Ajman as follows:
- Abu Dhabi – Emirates College for Advanced Education
- Ajman – Teachers Training Institute
ECAE delivers classes in both campuses supported by a video conferencing system. There may be different teaching scenarios supported by the video conferencing including classes taught concurrently to students in Abu Dhabi and Ajman (at TTI).
Classes are offered during weekdays in the evening. Allocated timetables with the location, time and duration of all lectures will be released towards the program
|EDUC01 - Classroom Management and Communication Skills|
|EDU6006 - ICT Integrated Learning and Teaching|
|EDUC03 - Critical Perspectives on Teaching and Learning|
|EDUC04 - General Curriculum Design and Assessment|
|EDU6005 - General Effective Planning, Teaching and Assessment OR|
|EDUS1 - Science track Effective Planning and Teaching of Science|
|EDUS2 - Science track Experimental Work and Assessment in Science OR|
|EDUM1 - Math track Planning, Problem Solving and Assessment in Mathematics|
|EDUM2 - Math track Teaching Key Concepts in Mathematics|
|EDU6007 - Practicum|
Admission to PGDE program is open to interested individuals provided they meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Arts and Humanities or Social Sciences for the General Track), or a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (Science track), a mathematics field (Mathematics track) from an accredited university or have a foreign qualification, which has received equivalence from the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Hold a current International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or equivalent (TOEFL IBT or Pearson PTE Academic or EmSAT) or higher.
ECAE will give preferential consideration to national applicants.