The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Behavior Analysis (PGD in ABA) is a responsive and flexible, one-year modular program that is aligned with Level 8 in the UAE Qualification Framework - QF Emirates. The qualification introduces the principles and practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to ensure acquaintance and understanding of recognized evidence-based practice for improving socially significant behavior across all settings in everyday life. The coursework completed for the PGD in ABA meets the coursework requirement to be eligible to sit for the Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) examination. Students who complete 24 credits will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Behavior Analysis.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Behavior Analysis is offered in Abu Dhabi and Ajman as follows:
- Abu Dhabi – Emirates College for Advanced Education
- Ajman – Teachers Training Institute
All classes are offered during weekdays in the evening as ECAE Graduate degrees are offered as part-time programs. Allocated timetables with the location, time and duration of all lectures will be released towards the program
|EDUABA1 - Autism Spectrum Disorder and Behavioral Intervention|
|EDUABA2 - Philosophy, Concepts and Principles|
|EDUABA3 - Behavior Assessment|
|EDUABA4 - Measurement, Research Design and Supervision|
|EDUABA5 - Behavior-Change Procedures|
|EDUABA6 - Ethics and Professionalism|
|EDUABA10 - Applied Project|
Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Behavior Analysis program (PGD in ABA) is open to interested individuals provided they meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in education, special education, psychology, sociology, speech and language pathology or occupational therapy from an accredited University or have a foreign qualification, which has received equivalence from the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for the Bachelor’s degree
- Hold a current International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or equivalent (TOEFL IBT or Pearson PTE Academic or EmSAT) or higher.
Applicants who are Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs; https://www.bacb.com/rbt/) or who have experience working in an environment that use intervention based on the principles of behavior analysis will be given priority.