The postgraduate degree in Guidance and Counselling is a responsive and flexible one year modular program that is aligned with Level 8 in the UAE Qualification Framework - QF Emirates. The qualification introduces the principles and practices of guidance and counselling to ensure acquaintance and understanding of recognised support practices offered within an educational setting that address career counselling and assist students who face personal, social and academic challenges.
Students who complete 24 credits will be awarded a postgraduate diploma in Guidance and Counselling. Those who complete 18 credits will be awarded a postgraduate certificate in Guidance and Counselling.
The Postgraduate Certificate/ Diploma in Guidance and Counselling Program is offered in Abu Dhabi and Ajman as follows:
- Abu Dhabi – Emirates College for Advanced Education
- Ajman – Teachers Training Institute
All classes are offered during weekdays in the evening as ECAE Graduate degrees are offered as part-time programs. Allocated timetables with the location, time and duration of all lectures will be released towards the program
|Year 1 - Semester 1|
|EDUGC01 - Psychological Basis of Guidance and Counselling|
|EDUGC02 - Theories of Guidance and Counselling|
|EDUGC03 - Principles and Practice of Guidance and Counselling|
|Year 1 - Semester 2|
|EDUGC04 - Assessment and Appraisal In Guidance and Counselling|
|EDUGC05 - Career Development and Counselling|
|EDUGC06 - Individual and Group Counselling of Children|
|EDUGC07 - Case Study Research Project (For Diploma)|
Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling program is open to interested individuals provided they meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, psychology or other cognate disciplines from an accredited university or have a foreign qualification, which has received equivalence from the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for the Bachelor’s degree
- Hold a current International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or equivalent (TOEFL IBT or Pearson PTE Academic or EmSAT) or higher.
- For non-teaching applicants, relevant professional experience related to guidance and counselling in areas such as pastoral, community or social care will be considered an advantage.
ECAE will give preferential consideration to national applicants.