The PGD in School Evaluation, Improvement and Innovation is a responsive and flexible one year modular program that is aligned with Level 8 in the UAE Qualification Framework-QF Emirates. It focuses on preparing educators who are capable of enhancing school development and improvement through building consolidated knowledge and skills, within the realm of systems and processes, that promote school effectiveness, facilitate and functionalize school reforms and innovations. The diploma consists of mandatory courses which total 24 credits.
The Post Graduate Diploma in School Evaluation and Improvement Program is offered in Abu Dhabi and Ajman as follows:
- Abu Dhabi – Emirates College for Advanced Education
- Ajman – Teachers Training Institute
All classes are offered during weekdays in the evening as ECAE Graduate degrees are offered as part-time programs. Allocated timetables with the location, time and duration of all lectures will be released towards the program start date on 13th January 2019.
|EDUSEI1 - School Evaluation for Effectiveness & Innovation: Implications, means and processes|
|EDUSEI2 - Processes and Systems for School-based Evidences and Documentation|
|EDUSEI3 - Inspection: Professional Skills, attributes and community collaboration|
|EDUSEI4 - Challenges and Gaps: Needs Analysis for School Improvement|
|EDUSEI5 - School Improvement Plan: Design, Implementation and Evaluation|
|EDUSEI6 - Building Capacity: Design and Content|
|EDUSEI7 - Research Project/Case Study|
Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in School Evaluation and Improvement program is open to interested individuals provided they meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Arts and Humanities or Social Sciences from an accredited university or have a foreign qualification, which has received equivalence from the Ministry of Education in the UAE with 3 years school experience in teaching or management, principalship, leadership, and school administration.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for the Bachelor’s degree
- Hold a current International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or equivalent (TOEFL IBT or Pearson PTE Academic or EmSAT) or higher.
ECAE will give preferential consideration to national applicants.