The Master of Education in Curriculum and Learning Design is a flexible two year modular program that is aligned with Level 9 in the UAE Qualification Framework - QF Emirates. The program is designed to develop research-informed educators as curriculum and resources experts who are skilled instructional designers, to lead educational improvement in the UAE. This is achieved through a distinctive program consisting of courses focusing on recent developments in theories of teaching and learning. The program also emphasizes the implementation of educational research in authentic contexts addressing topics aligned with current and emergent educational trends.
The Master of Education in Curriculum and Learning Design Program is offered in Abu Dhabi and Ajman as follows:
- Abu Dhabi – Emirates College for Advanced Education
- Ajman – Teachers Training Institute
All classes are offered during weekdays in the evening as ECAE Graduate degrees are offered as part-time programs. Allocated timetables with the location, time and duration of all lectures will be released towards the program
|Year 1 - Semester 1|
|EDULCD1 - Curriculum Foundations: Principles and Issues|
|EDULCD2 - Introduction to Educational Research|
|EDULCD3 - Creating Positive Learning Environments|
|Year 1 - Semester 2|
|EDULCD4 - Instructional Design, Resource Development and Evaluation|
|EDULCD5 - Emerging Technologies for Teaching and Learning|
|EDULCD6 - Cognitive and Social Cultural Foundations of Learning|
|Year 2 - Semester 1|
|EDULCD7 - Innovative Classroom Assessment for Learning|
|EDULCD8 - Brain, Mind and Learning|
|EDULCD9 - Design-based Research Methods|
|Year 2 - Semester 2|
|EDUCR1 - Research Project|
Admission to the Master of Education in Curriculum and Learning Design program is open to interested individuals provided they meet the following criteria:
Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education from an accredited university or have a foreign qualification, which has received equivalence from the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
Hold a Bachelor’s degree in otherf fields from an accredited university or have a foreign qualification, which has received equivalence from the Ministry of Education in the UAE with:
- A Graduate Diploma in Education from an accredited university and one year of educational related working experience (Teachers, Assistant Teachers, Principals, Vice Principals, Heads of Faculty, Curriculum Developers, Trainers, Educational Policies reformers, etc. ) or
- A minimum of three years educational related working experience (Teachers, Assistant Teachers, Principals, Vice Principals, Heads of Faculty, Curriculum Developers, Trainers, Educational Policy reformers, etc.)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the Bachelor’s degree
- Hold a current International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or equivalent (TOEFL IBT or Pearson PTE Academic or EmSAT) or higher.
In addition to the minimum qualifications stated above, candidates will be required to pass an admissions interview.
ECAE will give preferential consideration to national applicants.