The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Assessment is a 36 credit-based two year and flexible two year modular program that is aligned with Level 9 in the UAE Qualification Framework - QF Emirates. It focuses on developing students’ depth and breadth of knowledge in the field of educational measurement and assessment. The program develops the problem solving skills and analytical thinking required to begin research in the field of educational measurement and assessment. Students enrolled in the program will master the skills required for careers in applied research, development and/or teaching.
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Assessment Program is offered in Abu Dhabi and Ajman as follows:
- Abu Dhabi – Emirates College for Advanced Education
- Ajman – Teachers Training Institute
All classes are offered during weekdays in the evening as ECAE Graduate degrees are offered as part-time programs. Allocated timetables with the location, time and duration of all lectures will be released towards the program start date on 13th January 2019.
|Year 1 - Semester 1|
|EDUMA1 - Foundations of Assessment, Testing and Measurement in Education|
|EDUMA2 - Correlational Research Designs and Analysis in Education|
|EDUMA3 - Experimental Research Designs and Analysis in Education|
|Year 1 - Semester 2|
|EDUMA4 - Introduction to Classical and Modern Test Theory|
|EDUMA5 - Introduction to Rasch Measurement Theory|
|EDUMA6 - Introduction to Item Response Theory|
|Year 2 - Semester 1|
|EDUMA7 - Longitudinal Data Analysis|
|EDUMA8 - International Large-Scale Assessments in Education|
|EDUMA9 - Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling|
|Year 2 - Semester 2|
|EDUMA10 Master’s Capstone Project|
Admission to the Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Assessment program is open to interested individuals provided they meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in physical, natural and social sciences or humanities from an accredited university or have a foreign qualification, which has received equivalence from the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the Bachelor’s degree.
- All applicants must have a minimum of three (3) years experience in teaching, policy making in education, or educational assessment and testing-related activities.
- Hold a current International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or equivalent (TOEFL IBT or Pearson PTE Academic or EmSAT) or higher.
In addition to the minimum qualifications stated above, candidates will be required to pass an admissions interview.
ECAE will give preferential consideration to national applicants.